Professor Paul Bloom welcomes students and presents the course as a comprehensive introduction to the study of the human mind. Course readings and requirements are discussed.
The five main branches of psychology are presented:
- neuroscience, which is a study of the mind by looking at the brain;
- developmental, which focuses on how people grow and learn;
- cognitive, which refers to the computational approach to studying the mind;
- social, which studies how people interact; and
- clinical, which examines mental health and mental illnesses.
Watch it on Academic Earth